- 1 kilos of meat
- 5 medium onions
- A glass of red wine
- 3 bay leaves
- Half a tablespoon of paprika and / or sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- A jug with hot water on hand.
- 1 cup of tomato puree or of peeled and processed peritas tomatoes
- ½ cup of oil.
- Clean the meat, remove all the fat that we can and cut into small squares. We cut all the meat and season it. Important.
- Then chop the onion into tiny pieces. Important. Guarantee the use of onions in perfect condition, hard and without strange odors.
- Bring to the fire. Place a large pot and sauté the onion with a little oil until it is almost transparent.
- While the onion is cooking, add a pinch of salt and another of sugar to extract all its juice.
- Then add the meat seasoned with the same purpose, so that it gives all its juice. We cook the meat until it is browned. Follow the bay leaves and hot water until the contents of the pot are covered.
- Let cook until the water evaporates, when it is almost all evaporated, and the paprika or paprika, the tomato, pepper and the glass of wine. As the alcohol evaporates, add more water. Let's see that our preparation will take on a nice reddish color.
- Let cook again and we are replenishing the hot water as the preparation dries. When we taste the meat and it is tender and very soft it is time to stop adding water. Let the water evaporate until it is reduced to a thick and shiny sauce.
- Serve and enjoy this exquisite Hungarian goulash at lunch or dinner, you can accompany it with steamed potatoes, or white rice.