Christmas cinnamon sugar cookies
- 250 g Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2.25 cups Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon sugar fumage
- Beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Stir flour into mixture until well combined.
- Divide mixture in half, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out one piece at a time to 3 mm thick.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and arrange on baking trays.
- Combine extra sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle lightly over biscuits.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.